Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Bike in the Stable - Surly 1x1

Not totally sure how this happened but I bought this monster
yesterday. Took it out to Stony today with John S & did the 3 loops.
It was fun, it halls and carries great momentum. Pretty rough ride
with 40 psi in the tires. If I can figure out how to run 22-25 lbs in
the tires I think it would be perfect. I'm gonna see if Brian B can
make some recommendations on making Stan's work on this rig, if anyone
can figure it our he can. I rode up to the cider mill with Shelby and
everyone wanted to know "what your bike for" I was talking with Ryan
@ KLM and he gave me the sign they made for the bike that said "This
Bikes for Fun" everyone that came in the shop asked "what's that bike
for" so I told folks it was for fun. Supprisingly it held pretty
good in the turns, bigest issue I had was the ride being really
rough. Maxxis makes a downhill tire called the High Roller that will
be perfect for this thing and make it a killer "Snow Bike". Here is a
link to the pictures.

Any ideas on how to make stans work on this thing would be
appreciated.

BERC Riding Club
Visit our blog at www.bercridingclub.blogger.com
Join our Google Groups page for the latest ride posts
http://groups.google.com/group/bercridingclub

1 comment:

Dave Smith said...

I forgot the link, here it is
http://picasaweb.google.com/dfsmith2/20090927Surly1x1?authkey=Gv1sRgCL-34c6Zu62_Mg#