Saturday, April 9, 2011

BTT had a new twist this week. Art exhibit in a very unconventional way

Another great day on the BTT ride.  A few firsts.  Steve joined me for his first BTT ride.  We met up in Royal Oak and headed down.  We had the first tool motorist I've ever run into (not literally) on the ride in Eastern Market.  Hope he's having a great day and feeling more calm.  

Midtown had a urban art exhibit on display by Tyree Guyton.From Mlive.com - Tyree knows how to use Detroit as a canvas.  Titled "Street Folk," the work includes more than 10,000 shoes covering Edmund Street at Woodward. Like his Heidelberg polka dots, Guyton says the shoes are meant to raise awareness about a social issue. In this case, homelessness.

The exhibit was impactful and it had a spiritual air about it.  One of the riders kept saying I've never seen anything like this, I don't know what to say.  If you have a chance check it out in Midtown.   People were asked to send in their shoes and a story that went with them.  The letters were posted along the fence.  I took a picture of a few of them but there are many more there. 

We did the default route today, great pace on the island, lost the chain twice until Brian B hooked me up and towed me around the island.  




Join our Google Groups page for the latest ride posts

No comments: