Tuesday, November 10, 2009

AndyE Garmin riding summary

Dave, good idea... as for Iceman, I was overall happy with my results; I did a longer race in a shorter time, on my single speed. My Garmin time (which accounts for pauses) was 2 h 29 min, so in a sense I accomplished my goal of less than 2.5 hours. But my official time was 2 h 34 min 50 sec. I felt pretty strong until the last 6 miles or so, then the cramps started getting to me. This year's race was a great time, great weather, really an enjoyable day. Glad to see some of the Berc guys after the race. Also ran into Kevin and Dearborn Don.

Considering the season until now, I'm not sure how many more miles I did this year (didn't keep good track last season), though considering my Iceman results, I think I need to get more high output miles.

Here is my Garmin cycling summary:

Count: 92 Activities
Distance: 2,234.49 mi
Time: 167:06:50 h:m:s
Elevation Gain: 149,839 ft
Avg Speed: 13.4 mph
Avg HR: 134 bpm
Avg Run Cadence: --
Avg Bike Cadence: 75 rpm
Calories: 181,289 C


My Greenlight ride total mileage is 2,263, there was one ride in Marquette I didn't track with my GPS. Not sure about the total elevation gain... might be a glitch there. Cadence only applies to my Cannondale. I spread my miles across 4 bikes, with my Fisher 29er and Cannondale road rig getting most of the miles. My single speed miles is somewhere around 25% of the total, split fairly evenly between the XXIX 29er and my fixie.

A good season of riding, may have to consider doing some more races next year for the high intensity miles.

1 comment:

AndrewE said...

PS - FWIW, the only goal I developed over the season was getting 300 miles a month, between the 14ths of each month (my first outdoor ride this year was 3/14). I was on track, at least until now. More specific goals earlier in the season might also be a benefit for my riding.